Sunday, April 29, 2012

Is Veganism Reaching a Critical Mass?

I'm loving that veganism is getting so much attention, but is it a passing fad or a trend that is reaching a critical mass?  Honestly, I'm not sure.  I don't know many people who have made the switch to a vegan diet outside of people in the vegetarian Meetup group that I occasionally go to.  But if the number of articles about veganism are any indicator of the increasing number of vegans, I think there's a lot of promise that we may be reaching the point where veganism truly is a mainstream, and not a fad, dietary and lifestyle choice.  Here's a link to a recent blog post from the New York Times on the ethics of veganism.

Link: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/16/the-challenge-of-going-vegan/

No comments:

Post a Comment